Monday, March 2, 2009

An important WARNING

I sent this out earlier to some of my family and close friends but thought it important enough to also post here on my blog.

Just a FYI for you all.......I urge you to be EXTREMELY careful of any shopping you are doing whether online or off using a credit card. I had a call from National City yesterday and my credit card number had been stolen. The woman told me that unfortunately with our economy they are seeing this happen frequently and that people who wouldn't normally do something like this are in fact doing it.

Luckily for me the bank noticed a few charges that were out of the ordinary for me and when the second one came in the second day for almost $300 they flagged my account. They have now canceled my account and luckily I will not be responsible for those charges.

I'm usually very diligent about these things so PLEASE be CAREFUL. You never know when this will happen to you. Unfortunately a woman at work also learned this the hard way last week when the same thing happened to her. The person even had the audacity to send her flowers with a note saying Thanks.

This isn't a forward or anything of that sort. This is a real story that in fact happened to me. Don't let it happen to you!

No comments: