Saturday, July 18, 2009

Benefits

Did I happen to mention I had a doctor's appt. yesterday? Well, I did. Saw Erin(the PA, who is awesome btw) and told her all about the 5k and how I really don't want to set a goal weight yet. Even though I know I'm getting closer I don't want to get hung up on the number. So it's easier to just adapt the ....my goal is to keep losing....theory. That's worked for me to this point. I see her again in 4 months to by then I hope to be ready to put a number on it all.

Bad part of the visit was I have hyper extended my pinky finger on my left hand. So she had me pull out a splint to remind myself to not move it, plus take Motrin a few times a day. If this doesn't work I'll need to get a shot to alleviate the pain and inflammation. Sounds painful so let's hope this works!

Besides all the obvious benefits to losing all this weight.....I hit a big deal for me yesterday. Erin cut my blood pressure meds in half again. That means I'm only taking a small dose in hopes it will come down and I won't need them at all. My pulse was incredibly low yesterday so she's afraid the dose I'm on now is too much. So far 2 doses of the 1/2 stuff and I feel great. YAY!

Am off to get ready....I think I'm going to treat myself and go shopping for some new clothes! Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Brightcetera said...

Hi.
I noticed your comment over at FatDaddy's place today.
Thought I'd come for a visit.
Bloody Hell it's colorful over here! I LOVE IT!
Congrats on the reduced meds.
sorry about the pinkie.