Friday, November 25, 2011

Questions on Friday

1. Is there a special dish you prepare that you are famous for?  I cook most of the dishes for Thanksgiving and nothing out of the ordinary.  This year I had to throw away 2 pumpkin pies because after I made them I found out the pumpkin had been recalled and I didn't want to chance anyone getting sick.  About made me sick to have to pitch them and make 2 new ones.  On ordinary days, I try making new things all the time for our family to try out so there's not one particular thing I'm famous for.  But I do have to say...whatever I take they almost always really like.

2. Are you (did you) go Black Friday shopping ?  I did go.  Left the house before 9:30 p.m. with Amy and my youngest sister and we arrived back home around 7 a.m. this morning.  Had a really rough start at Walmart but then hit pay dirt at Target and just kept going.  Had breakfast in there too which used to be a tradition when my youngest sister and another sister and I would go out together.  I missed my other sister but she lives in Indy now so we texted for a while last night but it's just not the same.  Got a good start on my shopping but have a lot to do yet!

3. What are your strangest holiday traditions?  I can't think of anything strange we do.  We're a pretty ordinary family.

4. Pecan or pumpkin pie? (She actually asked "Apple or pumpkin?" I just T-giving'ed it!) I don't like pecan so that would never be a good choice so pumpkin wins.  It would have been really close if it had been apple or pumpkin.  2 of my favorites.

5. When will you put up your Christmas tree?  Usually the Sunday after Thanksgiving but we'll be helping the kids move tomorrow so I'm not sure we'll have the umph left to do it but let's hope so.  I like getting it done so we can focus on shopping in our spare time.

So that's it for this week.  Hop on over to My Little Life for the questions so you can play along too.  It's fun.  Honest.

No comments: