Sunday, November 9, 2008

People from the Past

I've found myself the last week feeling a bit of sadness for people I've known in my past that I'm no longer in contact with for whatever reason. Many of them are people I've known and talked to online. It seems you spend so much time looking forward to conversations with them and getting to know them to only lose touch with them later. I know it's said that everyone is in our life for a reason whether it be a short time or long, but a few of these people I find myself longing to know how they are and how things have gone for them. They are people I've felt touched my life in a special way and really touched my heart and it saddens me to have lost touch.
There are also those others that we've parted and though that is in my best interest it saddens me that that's the way they turned out to be. I'm a very trusting person. Once I get to know someone and let them in my life, I don't like to think they aren't being honest with me. But it does happen. To the point where I close myself off to more people these days. I've found such a new, confident self-esteem that I won't let anyone take it away.
But I have to admit.....I really miss some of those people.
63 pounds now gone for those that care to know.
So I leave you with this quote I found today......
“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

1 comment:

Mental Notez said...

Wow!! Amazing lady!! A huge hug and congrats on the weight loss total!!
I understand the loss and saddness you feel...I pray your heart will ease with the thoughts of the joy those friends gave you while they were in your life!
Remember...we are all human, we all make mistakes and sometimes, we just need to be forgiven...perhaps don't even realize when we have done something to alienate a friend.