Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!

My day has already been the perfect day. After I woke up, my "second son" came in and wished me a Happy Mother's Day. He's my son's best friend and had moved around Christmas so this is only the 2nd time he's been here to stay since then. It's nice having him in the house. Then my son called me downstairs and along with his Dad handed me a bag. My son had picked out a nice card and there was also a card in there from his girlfriend that made me cry. It touched my heart with the words on the card. Then they bought me new potholder mitts. Boy, did I need those! My hubby actually bought me some clothes! I always tell him I'm not sure how much weight you need to lose to get clothes for a gift nowadays. So he got me a new nightgown and a pretty shirt.

Yesterday, I knew my steps were extremely low from being so lazy (I now wear a pedometer every day which has made me more aware how much I need to move more) so we went for a walk after watching Mamma Mia. Walked around all the streets in our neighborhood which my Mom has told me is a mile. Went up the big hill on our street first and then around the others. When we were walking back into our driveway I commented how a year ago I couldn't walk half way around the block. It feels great!

I hope whatever you are doing this weekend you are ENJOYING it!

No comments: