Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hodgepodge

It was a holiday week and I still lost 1.8 pounds this past week. WOOT!!! That's even with having a glass of wine one night (I usually refrain because my first gain was after drinking.) I'm still really diligent though in watching what I eat and writing it all down. I know that how I approach it all would not work for the majority of people but I never feel deprived and since it works for me, I'm going to continue. When you've gone from years of trying to please other people you find that pleasing yourself needs to take priority at some point. I'm not doing this for anyone but me. Yes, my family sees the benefits because I can do things and keep up with them in ways I've not done for a long time. Unfortunately, I didn't do this when my son was a lot younger but I don't feel he was ever deprived of any experiences. Hopefully he'll agree someday when I'm still around because I'm doing things a lot healthier now than ever. So I'm not your typical weight watcher but it's been lifesaving for me. And I'll take it!!!

I watched the Michael Jackson memorial today although I wasn't planning on it. I was pleasantly surprised at how well everything was done. I thought it was generous of the family to share a difficult time with the world and his fans. It wasn't overdone, it wasn't gaudy, it was a genuine outflowing of his loved ones. I liked his music when I was younger but admit as we aged he just got too "out there" for me to understand. I've been thinking about this since it was over though that no matter what we might feel about the man and the family, the way his memorial was handled today was just beautiful. Hearing words from those who evidently loved him was very touching. Can't we all hope when it's our time to leave this earth we have people who love us that much.

Now that I look back at those 2 paragraphs they have nothing to do with one another but hey...that's me....random....emotional......and always thinking. I never did this blog for anyone but me.....and usually it's just me reading it. LOL That's OK though...it's a place for me to record my favorite things and my journeys. Come along if you'd like :-)

1 comment:

Diane Duda said...

Yoo-hoo! I'm here...reading this post...and i like it just fine. :)