Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Toadally" Awesome


One thing in my life I've always known is what wonderful friends I have. I've had some of my best friends from high school. We still talk as often as we can (not as often as we might like) and do things together. I take easily to people. I'm socialable and love being surrounded with friends. A perfect day would be one spent with family and friends. I've been fortunate in my life to have many perfect days like that.

The reason I began this post with words of friendship is that it was very evident when my son's graduation party was coming around that I was swimming way above my head. Now by nature, I'm also a horrible procrastinator. Two of my best friends really stepped up to the plate to help me. So in my quest of crafting and card making, I decided to make them both cards. Now I can't show you one of them yet but the other one I will post now. Mind you, I'm just starting but this was created from the heart. My friend Carol made the cornhole and washers games that were enjoyed by all that day. From scratch. We've also enjoyed a few evenings of being able to play since the party so these are gifts that will last a very long time. I could never thank her enough. Stay tuned for the other card soon.

This card was made using a digital image from Digital Delights. It was a Friday Freebie when I got it. Colored using SU Waterpencils. The buttons, ribbon and cardstock were all misc. things I have in my stock. I also punched the corners of the yellow paper.

I wish you all "TOADALLY" AWESOME friends like I have :-)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

HOW CUTE Denise!!! What an adorable Frog,I just love frogs...your friend will sure LOVE this!!! Thanks so much for playing along... Good luck to you!!!