Sunday, January 10, 2010

Truth in a quote

As I'm sitting reading my Weight Watchers Magazine for January/February 2010, I just read a line that so struck me I needed to include it here in my blog for extra motivation for myself this week. (I do feel I'm the only one who reads my blog.)
On pg. 24 when they have an article about a Weight-loss newbie.....the last line that the woman, Patty Macias, says is...."the fact that this is a marathon-not a sprint." WOW! How true. It's not over even when you hit goal. It's a continuation if you want to keep the weight off. I'm a food addict as I've stated before. My problems with foods and eating too much won't just go away because I've lost 150 pounds. I can't expect the last 17 pounds to just melt off no matter how much I'd like them to. I'm in this for the marathon. I assure you though, I WILL get to the goal line and not fall off along the way. If I do, I'll pick myself up and get back into the marathon!

3 comments:

Melissa S said...

I often read your blog. I don't often have time to post on all the blogs I like to check. I just wanted to let you know that you are a great insperation to me on my weight loss marathon. Wishing you all the strength and motivation to get you to your goal and beyond!!

Jessica said...

No you are not the only one reading your blog. But I confess I used to feel the same way. You should be congratulated on your monumental weight loss! 150 pounds!!! Thats a whole person! But it is a life change, not just a diet. Good luck on the last 17 or 18 pounds. It's usually the last 20 that are the stickiest! Thanks for sharing yourself with us in blogland.

Tara said...

Hey Denise, you mustn't beat yourself up. You have lost soooooooo much weight and the last few pounds are always the hardest. I am also super impressed that you have done it through Weight Watchers, I have joined several times in the past ten years and always failed. It just doesn't work for me.

I also have weeks off. So I am mega strict for two weeks and then I have a week off. I may put on a pound or two in that week but then I start again on the Monday and find that I have renewed enthusiasm.

Also, January is a tough month to diet. It is cold and dreary and not much is going on. It is usually the month I put on the most weight.

Something I have found that works quite well is to cut out carbohydrates in your evening meal. Try to have them at lunch or breakfast. It is amazing how this really works. It is a bit weird for the first day or so but then you get used to it. You probably know all this already but I just thought I would share what I do.

I have probably gone on enough now but just wanted to say that you are doing so well and we are all behind you. xxx