Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's Within Sight

This past week I lost 2.2 pounds.  Bringing my total to 157.8.  WOW!  More exciting for me though is the fact that I'm in sight of my goal. I'm now 10 pounds away from it.  I NEVER thought I could be here.  I NEVER thought I would lose this amount of weight.  Heck, who am I kidding?  I NEVER thought I'd stick with this.  However, I didn't count on the fact that I'd find a determination inside of myself that drives me to WANT to stick this out and meet this goal.  People say to me often: "I don't have the willpower."  Well, I didn't either.  But I've won the head game that exists in stopping each of us from having that.  I have made the CHOICE to not have the things I know will sabotage my efforts.  It's NEVER easy.  As I stated in our weekly meeting this week....we each have to do what works for us.  This weight didn't go on overnight and I'm in for the long haul.  I hope to have many of my friends join to celebrate when I DO reach goal.  Having a wonderful support system is also vital.
Counting down now until that day........................

No comments: