Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Making the News

Last night when I arrived at my meeting one of my friends handed me a copy of the local Penn Trafford News paper.  Seems our story for the walk is in it.  They had called and interviewed me one day and I was very pleased with how it turned out.  It gave credit to everything I'd have wanted to even mentioning what a fantastic leader I feel Kelly is!  So how awesome was it when I weighed in and had lost 2.4 pounds!  I'm now 2.6 from goal.  Chug Chug Chug!  I feel like the Little Engine that Could.  We went this past weekend to Indy to visit my sister for a very quick trip.  My nephew graduated on Saturday from high school.  So we had his party (or as they call them out there...Open House) right afterwards.  While everyone else picked and munched to the point of being full, I stayed as close as possible to plan but found myself late very hungry because they all hadn't ate any dinner.  Finally at about 8:30 I had my hubby run out to Wendy's for some Chili because I knew I couldn't make it through.  Took it out on the deck then and just slowly ate it to enjoy.  So with traveling and eating on the road and the party then it was Memorial Day, I don't feel I did too bad.  It's still not easy, but one step at a time.  Even now I'm trying hard not to overwhelm myself with the final goal, but just keep taking those steps every day.  Doing rumba at our meeting last night with the baby in my arms should count for extra steps right?  LOL
Wishing you a wonderful week!  Don't forget to either come walk with us at Penn Middle at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday or find somewhere close to you to walk on Sunday.  Either way.....just get out there and walk!  We can do this together :-)

No comments: