Thursday, August 12, 2010

Moving and Grooving

Add another 2.4 to the weight gone...yay!  I was super excited since for the first time in 2 years, I TOTALLY went off plan on Saturday.  Went out with my 2 best friends and the one's daughter to the Hofbrauhaus on the South Side of Pittsburgh.  It's a German beer house.  We went for dinner which was excellent (next time I may only eat the apple strudel because 1 bite didn't seem like enough!)  Then we walked around and went into some of the shops there before 2 of us ran through the water fountains in front of the Cheesecake Factory.  Fun times itself but then we went back to the Hofbrauhaus where the band was about to begin.  They played all kinds of music and we stood and danced on the benches, drank beer and even did a "shotski."  We had an absolutely WONDERFUL time.  I needed that night out!!!
Boy was I glad to be down on the scale then come Tuesday.  It's been kind of rough going as of late here including a visit to the orthopedic doctor again who feels my shoulder most likely will need surgery to help my pain.  I told him I can't even consider it now since I take care of my granddaughter so I have an appointment to go back in January when we'll discuss it.  Until then, I'm going to physical therapy a few more times and Ashley will make sure I have a strong at home program for when I'm done.  (Unfortunately, my insurance severely limits how many times I can go in a year which was another major consideration in putting off surgery.)
Work looms and I'm really dreading the grind of having to get up early to go in.  Hubby keeps playing the lottery so we can win and retire!  LOL
Keep your fingers crossed.
:-)

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic time with your friends! My girl starts school on Tuesday and I'm not ready yet at all.

Snowmanlover said...

Hope your shoulder feels better. Congrats on making goal. Keeping it off is the hardest part. I made goal many times but always put it back on. Now just trying to cut back as a lifestyle. This was a bad weekend though! Keep up your good work. Your grand baby is darling!