Monday, June 16, 2008

All Over the Place

Ever have one of those days where your mind is just whirling around with so many thoughts you can't complete any of them before you move on to the next one? Today is one of those days for me.

The prevailing thought I've had today is how sad I am when people let me down. I'm a very trusting person and I tend to think people are what they present be it online or off. I should know better. This weekend I've had not one but two people in which I'm very disappointed at how things have progressed. Both I have known for a long time. From a conversation with one about enjoying some quiet time it went into them being angry I hadn't told them I'd have quiet, alone time. It got very ugly by the end but sad to say I think it truly is the end of our time as friends. The other situation I truthfully can't fully figure out and that's probably why it still is so heavily on my mind. I'm too angry to even discuss it. One thing about me is that I'm very passionate about how I feel. I feel things in a HUGE way. If you are special to me, you'll always be special.

Before I move on to another thought I thought I would say that my family got home last night and my son was grumbling already but they had a wonderful time.

Next rambling thought....I thought I'd share places in Pittsburgh to go and explore. Today being an overcast day that's not quite as hot as it was last week made me think of the zoo. I was there at the beginning of May on a similar day (well, OK a bit chillier) and it was probably the best trip I've ever had there. The animals were all out and active. I missed seeing giraffes that day though. The new polar exhibit is great even if we did only see one of them. They were filming something at the elephants because there were men out with big microphones and a camera in the midst of them as the elephants roamed around with the trainer being close by to keep one elephant away from a scooter out there too. LOL It was a great day I would highly recommend it to anyone. Below is the information to check it out. ENJOY your day!

Pittsburgh Zoo
Current Zoo Admission Rates & Hours

Adult $12
Seniors (60 years of age or older) $11
Children (ages 2-13) $10
Children under 24 months Free
Parking Free
Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission Gates close at 4:30 p.m.

1 comment:

Mental Notez said...

Yeah know, it's very strange but, I was thinking about this very subject this weekend! Friends letting us down. I begin to wonder if perhaps it's the expectations we put on them, thru no fault of their own and unbeknownst to them even..We place this expecation on them and then, we they don't meet it, we feel hurt, let down, saddened and even angry. How can they live up to OUR expecations of them when they probably struggle with their own expectations of themselves and believe that we don't have expectations of them and that is why they are our friend? Did that make sense?? LOL
And, they can't read our minds so, I know that communication can be a very challenging thing. Maybe this is a good topic for a Mental Tip of the Week...via D.?? :O)
Love you! Smile and breathe!!