Monday, June 2, 2008

Graduation

The past few days I have attended two separate graduations. One was my godson and the other my niece. I'm proud of both of them and the accomplishments that they've achieved in their high school years. I look forward to seeing them grow and work toward their new dreams and goals into adulthood. Both will attend college. My heart swelled to such proportions when my niece walked out and into the room where her graduation was being held that I thought I was going to explode with sobs. To have been there when they're born and then see this reach this milestone brought on such emotions that it was almost more than I could bear. Thankfully I was able to get hold of myself and enjoyed the ceremony.

We've had some really busy days the past weekend with going to my godson's graduation and then their house Thursday night. Friday we went to Kennywood for the day and then drove all night to get to Indiana. After just 3 1/2 hours of sleep we went to her graduation and then back to their place. Her Open House was that afternoon and then we spent time with my family just hanging out at my sisters. Back on the road we went yesterday morning to drive all day and get home. So at work today, I was beat! Luckily we're winding down there. Now life should settle down some. I'm looking forward to learning more PhotoShop and how to make scrap kits. It's an exciting time for me as I love to learn new things! Have YOU learned anything new lately?

No comments: