Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back for a few days

We arrived home last night about midnight from our week at Myrtle Beach, SC. What an awesome week it was! We had a few times of mild rain but never anything that ruined our whole day. We had excellent dinners each night and many places we walked right in with no wait. If you're heading that way a few places I'd recommend: Crabby Mike's (great buffet and crab legs!), Bovine's and Dead Dog Saloon in Murrell's Inlet, Niblz and Rivercity Cafe on the Surfside Pier, Tripp's at Broadway at the Beach and the Nascar Cafe (can't think of the right name but that's close.) The boys went to the Nascar Speedpark the one night and it was very crowded. 3 rides in 3 hours. They had a great time there though. Many nights they also walked from our condo to the Garden City Pier area and would go cart there. (It's 1.2 miles) Our condo was right on the beach and we stayed there 2 years ago. We couldn't ask for a nicer, more comfortable place. The owner has upgraded the kitchen appliances and the location right on the beach is outstanding. Yesterday morning before we left I just stood on the deck watching the waves crashing in wondering where the week had gone. It was so relaxing. No rushing and just taking our time to do whatever we wanted. The one night we walked the boardwalk at Murrell's Inlet which we'd never done before. We were checking out all the boats in at the dock and also watched a cornhole tournament being started up. It's one of those quiet things that isn't advertised but brought us a lot of enjoyment walking along.

I have a nice tan now. Even my legs have some color. I always say there is too much fat in them for them to tan! LOL I stayed on my Weight Watchers and was very pleased with the temptations I was able to avoid. I have to admit I wanted a fried clam at Crabby Mike's in the worst way though! hehehe But it never made it on my plate. Whew!

Back to reality today and unpacking still to do. We were out in our pool for a while but it started really raining hard so we were chased inside. The water is 88 degrees. WOW! I'm hoping to spend some time in there this week before we head to my sisters in Indy for a visit on Thursday.

How have YOU been?

No comments: