Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Watch out for that Deer!

Sunday evening, hubby and I were at the gym when my cell rang and here it's our son.  He was driving Amy's car....they'd gone to her parents for dinner....she forgot her cell phone so they turned back to go get it when across the median comes jumping a deer right into them.  On a main highway no less!  He said they were fine...Emma slept through it all....but the car wasn't driveable.  So hubby calls for the rollback at his work to go get them and we head out to go pick them up.  As we arrived, the state police had also just arrived.  He looked over the car and said he felt it could be driven.  The driver's door won't open because the door bent.  Rather than explain it, here are the pictures.  The deer hair are still stuck to the doors.  Ewwww  It's to go in the garage in the morning for the next 7 days.  Thankfully they were all OK.  That's what matters most!


I didn't make it to WW tonight.  Still struggling to keep everything out of my mouth.  Sometimes I win and many times I lose.  *sigh*
Since I have my camera out, here's also a few pictures of the zoo when we went a few weeks ago.  I can't say enough wonderful things about the Pittsburgh Zoo.  It's just awesome!


Last, and I know this is a long post so please hang in there with me.....I was chosen for a jury last week.  There were 2 defendants accused with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and possession of firearms.  It was an extremely stressful week listening to all the testimony.  Then Friday we deliberated for 10 hours before we decided that they were not guilty.  We had too much reasonable doubt about the evidence.  It's bothered me tremendously wondering if we did the right thing.  It was covered in the newspaper today.  If you'd like to read about it more, send me an email and I'll be glad to send you the link to the article.
Until next time, please stay safe and well.

No comments: