Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kicking it off

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I've been super busy with hosting Thanksgiving at my house and then turning around and having a lunch after Emma's baptism on Sunday.  Both were very nice and I hope yours were also.

I haven't been posting as much due to a few factors. One is lack of time.  It's difficult to sit and type when Emma wants me holding her or she wants to hit all the keys on the laptop.  Would make for some interesting reading now wouldn't it?   The biggest factor is I feel like all I've done in the longest time is complain here.  So I figure why post...no one wants to read about my belly aches.  Everyone has their own.  I'm going to work on trying to find the positive again.  Especially at this time of the year when we have so much to celebrate with the birth of Christ.  It's so easy to get caught up in the bah humbug of the season but I'm going to try hard not to get sucked into it.  I'm excited to be able to see all the lights and wonder through little Emma's eyes this year.

Last night at WW a new plan was kicked off.  It's called PointsPlus Plan.  Now instead of using calories, fat and fiber to figure out your points, we will instead use fiber, protein, fat and carbs.  While I get more points now, most of the foods I've been eating also have gone up in point value.  Fruits and veggies are no points though which is wonderful because tonight I ate a banana, the first one in a long time and I really love them.  I'm very excited about the change even though we're always all resistant to change.  I'm excited because it's making me think again about my choices I've been making almost automatically.  Now I have to again reconsider how many points a food is and whether I feel it's going to help fill me up or not.  Today I also kept track of my liquids and whether I was meeting the daily health guidelines.  A refocus you might say.  I'm really hoping this is the kick in the pants I need to lose the last 10 pounds that I'd like to lose.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  But one thing I have to say is that I'm one of those people (my son gets it honestly) that once I make up my mind to do something, there is no stopping me.

Tip of the day says: "Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."  Leon J. Suenes

No comments: