Friday, May 27, 2011

Walk It

It may have taken me  most of the week to find time to blog....however, I'm proud to say I was able to have the time to go walk with my Weight Watcher friends for the annual Walk-It Challenge this past Sunday.  It was a 5k and renewed some friendships for me.  I realized as I was walking with Kelly how much I've been missing the people of my meetings.  They were like family when I was going to meetings.  I've not been to a meeting since December.  *sigh*   I've been up and down with 10 pounds trying to find the balance in maintaining and my time is so limited with watching Emma that I've not  made it.  I sure miss them all.  I've been really making a real effort at getting out to walk more often usually pushing the stroller.  The weather has been so much nicer there's no reason to not be out there.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.
We also on Sunday had Amy's sister, Kayla's, baby shower.  Things went well and she received a lot of nice things.  I was also able to meet the girls 2 young sisters who have been adopted along with their adoptive mom.  What a huge heart I told her she has to take in 4 kids.  She humbled me by telling me she heard I also have a huge heart.  We all do what we need to.
Happy Memorial Day!  Thank you to all our soldiers serving and protecting our country whether currently or in the past.

3 comments:

Snowmanlover said...

HI to you!!! I have been walking since March and it really helped me . It is sooo hot out now in Texas though and my feet are messed up too. Hang in there! Are you still doing Stampin' Up? b

Summer Loving Gal said...

Yay Barb! I'm trying to walk more since my eating has been out of control from stress lately. Sorry to hear your feet are giving you problems. I am still doing Stampin'Up and need to get on the stick and post some things. Too much to do with too little time. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. :-)

Unknown said...

I also have lost a lot of weight in the last almost three years. I am at 105 as of today! I mostly quit drinking pop, and did some slimfast shakes. Great job. I decided to lose the weight because I was so depressed that I was suicidal. Love your blog! Check mine out...

http://imsadnotcrazy.blogspot.com